Man Booker 2018 Longlist
Here are the books which have been longlisted for this year’s Man Booker Prize. These selected books were narrowed down from a whopping 171 books, the highest amount of submissions in the prize’s history.
Belinda Bauer – Snap (Bantam Press)
Anna Burns – Milkman (Faber & Faber)
Nick Drnaso – Sabrina (Granta Books)
Esi Edugyan – Washington Black (Serpent’s Tail)
Guy Gunaratne – In Our Mad And Furious City (Tinder Press)
Daisy Johnson – Everything Under (Jonathan Cape)
Rachel Kushner – The Mars Room (Jonathan Cape)
Sophie Mackintosh – The Water Cure (Hamish Hamilton)
Michael Ondaatje – Warlight (Jonathan Cape)
Richard Powers – The Overstory (William Heinemann)
Robin Robertson – The Long Take (Picador)
Sally Rooney – Normal People (Faber & Faber)
Donal Ryan – From A Low And Quiet Sea (Doubleday Ireland)
A few interesting facts provided by the Man Booker Prize foundation:
- Four debut novels are recognised by the judges, and four authors are under the age of 30.
- Golden Man Booker winner Michael Ondaatje makes the list with his latest novel Warlight.
- Nick Drnaso’s Sabrina is the first graphic novel to reach a Man Booker Prize longlist.
- The longlist consists of six writers from the UK, three from the US, two from Ireland and two from Canada.
- Esi Edugyan was previously shortlisted for the prize, and Donal Ryan and Richard Powers have both been longlisted.
The shortlist will be announced on 20th September.