Dulwich Books in West Dulwich is looking for a new full-time manager. Following Chloe Mavrommatis’s decision to take a break to pursue personal freelance projects at the beginning of 2016 we are looking to recruit a manager to take on this role and undertake the day-to-day work of running this award-winning bookshop. You will need to be dynamic, energetic and to enjoy talking enthusiastically about books as well as leading an experienced team and being part of a larger group that includes a literary agency and a live literature strand. Knowledge of Batch and Sage Instant Accounts is desirable but not essential.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you’d like to be the next manager of Dulwich Books, attaching your CV and detailing your favourite bookshop and why it impresses you.
The deadline for all applications is Friday 11th December and you must be available for interview in Dulwich/London in December.
Skills & Experience Required
- Previous bookselling experience essential, preferably in a general bookshop environment; you will need to have worked across a range of genres including children’s, YA, fiction & non-fiction, poetry, cookery, travel, crime & thrillers
- Well networked with reps and other publishing professionals
- Proactive, highly organised and confident with customers
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Microsoft Office – Word/Excel essential plus copy writing skills, social media familiarity
- Ability to manage people in a small team environment.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial and able to work independently, but comfortable in a team environment.
- Strong organisational and confident communications skills essential.
- Customer-focused approach – for a loyal customer base.
- Dependable, reliable and able to produce a consistently high quality/quantity of work
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The shop is open seven days per week in busy seasons so some weekend work will be required.
Please provide us with two referees (who will not be contacted unless a job offer is made).