- Sarah McIntyre special storytelling session Saturday 6th June 11am – Noon. Free Entry.
- David Mitchell, author of The Bone Clocks in conversation on Thursday 18th June 7pm
- Special Storytelling Saturday 20th June with Joanne Gale 11am. Free Entry.
- Katarina Bivald author & Swedish bookseller in residence Saturday 20th June 3pm – 4.30pm
- Pimms & A Posse of Authors, meet the leading lights of Orion fiction publishing on Tuesday 23rd June
- Matthew Beaumont talk Wednesday 24th June 7pm £5.
- Patrick Gale & Sarah Winman in conversation Thursday 25th June 7.30pm
- Cathy Rentzenbrink in conversation with Max Porter Tuesday 30th June 7pm
On Thursday 18th June Dulwich Books is honored to host an event with David Mitchell.
Storyteller extraordinaire, twice shortlisted and once longlisted for the Booker prize. He writes literary, audaciously structured and fantastical novels with a flair and wit that makes them a joy to read.
David will be in conversation with Guardian journalist and author Laura Barnett.
His latest novel, The Bone Clocks, was longlisted for the 2014 Booker Prize and is an epic sweep of a book, starting in 1984 and ending in 2043, weaving in and out of the life of Holly Sykes, shot through with magical threads, literary establishment nods, and a healthy dose of villainy.
Bookseller Industry Awards!
Dulwich Books wins national award! Dulwich Books was voted the best independent in the UK & Ireland on 12th May by industry colleagues.
The judges said “combining the traditional virtues of bookselling with thoroughly modern marketing & digital activity”, “vastly experienced staff”, “offering superb customer service”, “a packed calender of events”, “eye-catching 21% leap in sales”, “the energy is amazing” and that Dulwich Books was a destination bookshop
The award was presented by Alan Johnson at the industry dinner of nearly 1,000 people and a good night was had by all!
It just leaves me to say a huge thank you to all our customers for their loyalty, support and advice over the years. We are very proud of what we have achieved and you make it a very enjoyable job.
It is a thrill to be rewarded for doing our job. Sheila